19 October 2005

Jake Rides


Strolling the fabled streets of Fort Worth's tourist-geared Historic Stockyards I was made graphically aware of what a fashion accessory motorcycles have become for the uppwardly mobile and penile disadvantaged.

I've long ago written off my unmasked hostility to the costumed and coiffed psuedo-bikers as simply being the manifestations of my own hate and discontent sewn and grown by the grace of God via my associations with people who do not suck. (Run-on sentences RULE!) Others may claim jealousy and fractured id, but those people are oedipal asshats clouding obvious reality with imagined underlying forces.

But back to why everyone sucks but us: there I was, sans motorsickle, on a beautiful 85 degree severe clear kind of day. Cold Shiner in one hand and a wide-eyed 1st grader at the other. Yes, the literal model of domesticity gone horribly awry. I even had a camera in my pocket and plans to buy the boy a balloon hat from the clown on the corner. All was well, and I was doing a very good job supressing the urge to bitch about my lack of two-wheeled conveyance. I had nothing, really, to bitch about. I'd flown to Ft. Worthless in a high performance aerobatic aircraft, and would be headed back in the relative comfort and status stigma of a minivan. But as those who ride know; if it's not raining like a bastard with occasional piston sized hail we'd rather have the motorsickle. Sometimes even if it is. I did not. Both kids, the wife, and the assorted baby support gear won't fit - even if I had a sidecar. Damnit.

Somewhere between Riscky's BBQ and the Cattlepen maze we heard him coming: the badass. That irritating sound we've all grown to know - and some to hate. Straight pipes lacking any sort of proper back pressure attached to a high-compression engine wed to a Baker six speed, and mounted in a frame of questionable lineage. The Chopper BadAss rode our way.

As I turned to catch the formulaic profile of the late-in-life assbag aboard a horribly overpriced 'chopper' parading his fat ass down the brick streets my 1st grade protege, unprompted, turned to me and said, "I wonder where the no-riding punk parked his trailer."

YES! He is my kid! Cancel the paternity test.

Much like when he knows the next line on The Simpsons our maternal unit fails to be impressed with these moments of pure clarity from Young Jacob. She is female, however, and we know their sense of humor tends to be deficient.

Watching this punk idle through the stockyards a few things came to mind. Some pointers you boomers on cookie-cutter psuedo choppers should keep in mind:
  • When pretending to be a hoodlum leave the dockers at home.
  • Ditto on the loafers, dipshit.
  • Neither go with the chaps, especially when it's 90 degrees.
  • We know you're hiding Rogaine's progress with the do-rag.
  • Ratling windows with shitty exhaust is no substitute for actually riding.
  • Real bikers are not scared of u-turns.
  • We're laughing AT you, not 'with' you.

I think there's some confusion with the last one. When you step off the sparkling clean IronHorse in front of Gunner's on Thursday of Sturgis when it's been rainng for the past two days we're not admiring you're housekeeping skills. We're laughing at the costume.

When those stickers show up on trailers with the help number 1-800-NO-COJONES it's not a bonding experience or invitation to haul with us. We're laughing at your lack of balls.

And when you hear from the back of the bar, "Choppers 'til Prom!" and "Choppers 'til It Ain't Cool Anymore!" we're not forming alliances. We're laughing at your wardrobe.

When the graffiti on the pisser wall says 'Fuck The Toweds,' 'U-Haul U-Suck,' and 'Trailered Harleys Suck' this is not friendly chiding and hazing. We're endorsing a thinning of the herd through wholesale slaughter of the costumed and cowardly. Oh, and we're laughing at you.

I'm not really all that old but I actually remember when choppers were bikes that had been chopped and tv shows had white people in them. Damn ... I'm turning into one of those guys.

Global warming is disappointing me. Sparks Halloween gig may be a bag-shriveling hypothermic mess. But we're going anyway.

And The Lizard is coming home to visit next week. Bet that wrecks my liver ...

14 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Jake is one kick-ass kid.

And take it easy on the Lizard when he gets home... it's been awhile, he may not be able to keep up with you boozers...

And I can't marry you.... you're already married... remember?! ;)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Gymi said...

Ahh, music to my ears, glad your back tellin it again

4:46 PM  
Blogger Doug Klassen said...

"...my 1st grade protege, unprompted, turned to me and said, "I wonder where the no-riding punk parked his trailer."

Buy that kid something extra good for Christmas!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Jabed Morshed said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I have bought some cool helmets from here. You can have a look into it. These are really amazing.

12:59 AM  
Blogger sanbo said...

Before buying at a Pandora Jewelry,make sure you are purchasing the genuine thing. Always go to a trusted jewelry and if you are buying online please check the track history of the company first. Always check at a genuine Pandora Jewelry store locator for Pandora BraceletsPandora EarringsPandora CharmsPandora RingsPandora NecklacesPandora PendantsPandora Bangles

10:03 PM  
Blogger david said...

That’s indeed an excellent sharing I prefer Discounted Suits On Sale to be always the best. You have extraordinary skills and are doing wonderful job. Keep the hopes high!!! Good wishes champ!

3:44 AM  
Blogger david said...

That’s indeed an excellent sharing I prefer Discounted Suits On Sale to be always the best. You have extraordinary skills and are doing wonderful job. Keep the hopes high!!! Good wishes champ!

3:44 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

I'm so glad I found this post because I've been looking for some information.
Extenze Reviews

9:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Buy Firearms Online From Sig Sauer LLC

11:55 AM  
Blogger Buy Guns Online said...


Just bought my first Kimber Rifle, the Mountain Ascent Model 84L. Retired Army Paratrooper, thus Yard Dart. Cant wait to get the gun together and shoot it. Anyone else have one? Got some questions on mounting the scope. Buy Kimber Firearms Online

9:59 AM  
Blogger mike shawn said...

we sell kimber firearms at our website at very affordable prices

2:41 AM  
Blogger mike shawn said...

we sell taurus guns at our website

2:43 AM  
Blogger Maltipoo Puppies Near Me said...

Happy to visit your blog, I'm with the aid of all money owed ahead to extra reliable articles and that I assume we as a whole want to thank such a variety of properly articles, blog to impart to us. Superior put up, keep up with this brilliant paintings. It is pleasant to recognize that this subject matter is being additionally blanketed on this net web page so cheers for taking the time to speak about this! Thank you time and again! First-rate, an extremely good article that I genuinely enjoyed. Toy Maltipoo Puppies for Adoption. Where to find Red Toy Maltipoo Puppies

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home